Friday 11 January 2013

BRIT Award Nominations- My opinions

I will highlight the artist or band who I think will win, and tell you my opinions underneath the section.
The full list of nominations for the BRIT Awards 2013 are as follows (Taken from CapitalFM): 
Mastercard British Album Of The Year 
  • Emeli Sande – 'Our Version Of Events'
  • Mumford & Sons – 'Babel'
  • Alt-J – 'An Awesome Wave'
  • Plan B – 'iLL Manors'
  • Paloma Faith – 'Fall To Grace'
I think Emeli Sande will win, purely because she was on pretty much everything last year and I think its a pretty decent (if overplayed) album.

Best British Single with Capital FM
  • Adele - 'Skyfall'
  • Alex Clare - 'Too Close'
  • Coldplay & Rihanna - 'Princess of China'
  • DJ Fresh feat. Rita Ora - 'Hot Right Now'
  • Emeli Sandé - 'Next To Me'
  • Florence & The Machine - 'Spectrum'
  • James Arthur - 'Impossible'
  • Jessie J - 'Domino'
  • Labrinth Feat. Emeli Sandé – 'Beneath Your Beautiful'
  • Olly Murs feat. Flo Rida 'Troublemaker'
  • Rita Ora feat. Tinie Tempah - 'R.I.P.'
  • Rizzle Kicks - 'Mama Do The Hump'
  • Robbie Williams - 'Candy'
  • Rudimental Feat. John Newman - 'Feel The Love'
  • Stooshe - 'Black Heart' 
I think either of these songs could win because they are both really played on Capital and seeing as Capital FM voters are voting I think these could be a good bet.

Best Live Act
  • Coldplay
  • Muse
  • The Rolling Stones
  • The Vaccines
  • Mumford & Sons
Without a doubt these should win, I personally have never seen them live, but from the power of YouTube and just generally seeing parts of their concert on TV it looks unreal to see them live.

British Male Solo Artist
  • Calvin Harris
  • Olly Murs
  • Ben Howard
  • Richard Hawley
  • Plan B
I would like Olly Murs to win, because I think he's worked hard this year and deserves it (plus he has a really nice bum ;-) haha)

British Female Solo Artist
  • Bat For Lashes
  • Amy Winehouse
  • Emeli Sande
  • Paloma Faith
  • Jessie Ware
Again for the reason I stated previously I think she will win.

British Group
  • One Direction
  • Alt-J
  • Muse
  • Mumford & Sons
Directioners are crazy and hardcore voters so you can be pretty much sure that they will win.

British Breakthrough
  • Jessie Ware
  • Jake Bugg
  • Rita Ora
  • Ben Howard
  • Alt-J
She's done really well over here, so I think she will win

International Group
  • Alabama Shakes
  • Fun.
  • The Script
  • The Killers
  • The Black Keys
I love The Script but I wouldn't mind if Fun. won, but I really think that The Script is such an amazing band so they deserve to win. 

International Male Solo Artist
  • Bruce Springsteen
  • Michael Buble
  • Frank Ocean
  • Gotye
  • Jack White
The only one who I really know, except Gotye but I really don't want him to win ahah

International Female Solo Artist
  • Taylor Swift
  • Rihanna
  • Alicia Keys
  • Cat Power
  • Lana Del Rey
I want Taylor Swift to win in this category but I have a feeling that Rihanna will win

*Can I just say that although I think these people might win, I don't necessarily want them to, this isn't really the type of music I listen to, but I thought it would be interesting to come back once the awards ceremony is over and see if any of my predictions were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment