Thursday 17 January 2013

The Fault In Our Stars - John Green

The Fault In Our Stars - John Green
Seeing as this book is incredibly hyped about I was very excited to read it. John Green is such an awesome person (I know this from watching VlogBrothers on YouTube) but I have read Looking For Alaska and although I enjoyed it I was left feeling a little bit let down, and unfortunately that is exactly what happened with The Fault In Our Stars. I finished the book in one sitting none the less but it wasn't a book that touched me like I was led to believe, I did however, cry but it wasn't the "ugly sobbing" that is often connected with this book it was more of a silent tear and I don't think it was even in the bit that I assume everyone else cried in, I shan't say which bit as I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to read it.
I think that anyone who has been through or knows anyone who is going through the trials and tribulations that comes along with cancer then this would be a brilliant book for as I feel like it tackles a normally very taboo subject very well, however, I feel like part of the reason why I didn't connect with the characters on a deeply emotional level is because I am fortunate enough to not have met anyone who has had to deal with cancer at such a young age. 
Despite it not being a book that will stay in my heart for years, I would still recommend it as it is a good read just don't expect to be blown away like I thought I was going to be.
6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment