Saturday 8 March 2014

PERCY JACKSON SERIES REVIEW by RICK RIORDAN

Percy Jackson series:

by Rick Riordan
Publisher: Puffin
Genre: Children's, Fantasy

Wow, this series is incredible. I absolutely loved every book in this series, the writing is brilliant and all of the characters, even minor ones were wonderfully written and given backstories which made you actually care about what happened to them. The world building was phenomenal and there is a massive emphasis on Greek Mythology which I found incredibly interesting and added a unique aspect to this fantasy series that I haven't seen before. Although this is intended for children ages 9 and up, I honestly feel as if this (like with Harry Potter) can be read and enjoyed just as much no matter what age you are. If you are even a little bit interested in fantasy books or even Greek Mythology then I would recommend these books with every fibre of my body.

This series also comes with a kind of novella type book called 'Percy Jackson: The Demigod Files' which happens between the fourth and fifth books. Although it is not completely necessary for you to read this (I didn't know about it until after I was on the fourth book anyway, so I just read it after I'd finished the fifth because I wasn't sure where it fitted in) I think its a pretty cool addition to the series and has a three short stories that enhance the fifth book.

I'm definitely looking forward to the spin off series 'The Heroes of Olympus' which I will continue on with later in the year.

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief 4/5 STARS
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters 5/5 STARS
Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse 4/5 STARS
Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth 4/5 STARS
Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian 5/5 STARS
Percy Jackson: The Demigod Files 4/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment